Monday, September 30, 2013

 I find myself on Facebook and YouTube often, watching vines or informational videos, as well as inspirational videos and listening to music.  These aspects are what interest me most, and sites such as Facebook and YouTube allow me to view into such things on a regular basis.  Its how I keep up with whats going on in the music and lifting world today, as well as friends of mine so I can continually build my connections and friendships.  Its important for me to do so, because if I didn't have a clue on what was going on, especially with how rapidly things change and the events that people I know go through, I'd be in the dark as well as the dust of all those who would have the knowledge I wasn't able to obtain.
  In my opinion, I feel that these aspects of pop culture are positive in the sense that sites such as Facebook and Twitter allow people to connect and see what goes on with the friends or people they don't have contact with.  YouTube allows people to hear the music they like, watch the music videos that caught their attention, as well as see things that could make them laugh or even inspire them to become something more.  An example of videos that inspire many, an inspirational speaker named Eric Church makes training videos where he's not seen, but heard while a young athlete trains to become something better than he was before.  Videos such as these inspire people to go the gym and become strong so they no longer feel weak, videos that make people laugh allow them to detach from whatever could be bothering them at the time and smile a bit more.   Music videos as well as just songs on YouTube allow for people to listen to what they want to hear, when they want to hear, whether it be the new Kanye West album, or a new single released by another artist of their liking.  These aspects of pop culture bring people together by their interests and views on certain topics, and even though in some instances people disagree on an idea or view, it still allows people to communicate on any given topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment